Mr. Bague is a member of the Risk Management & Insurance Law, Construction Law and Food Safety Practice Groups. Gary has decades of experience in the management and transfer of risk, and his clients rely on him as a trusted counselor and litigator. He regularly advises and defends the interests of a number of carriers and companies in various industries with regard to insurance issues arising out of virtually all lines of insurance, including: commercial, general liability and property, professional liability, auto, homeowners, environmental/pollution, workers’ compensation, life, health, and disability. He is past chair of the firm’s Risk Management & Insurance Law Practice Group, and is active in the Construction Law and Food Safety Practice Groups.
He represents primary and excess insurers and reinsurers, brokers and agents in insurance coverage litigation, as well as in first and third party extracontractual litigation. Gary regularly provides coverage opinions, drafts provisions for insurance policies and self-insurance trusts, has coordinated fraud investigations on behalf of life insurers, and has served as national coverage counsel. He has advised hospitals regarding contracts with medical personnel, and construction contractors.
In his construction practice, Gary has advised and represented developers, general contractors and artisan subcontractors and their insurers in construction defect liability claims litigation, and in litigation over coverage disputes. He routinely advises and defends homeowners associations with regard to requirements under California’s Davis Stirling Act. He also represents clients with regard to issues concerning, controlled (wrap) insurance programs, additional insured issues, contractual and equitable indemnity, and anti-indemnity statutes, and assists in the review and drafting of construction contracts.
With regard to the food industry, he regularly advises and defends companies on issues of risk financing, risk transfer, and management of insurance assets in the context of product liability litigation, in addition to helping serve as national coordinating counsel in recall litigation.
Gary’s experience is reflected in the fact that he has:
- Presented at seminars sponsored by the ABA, California Continuing Education of the Bar, and ALFA International on such topics as OCIPs, CCIPs and wrap insurance programs, coverage for insurance defects, crisis management plans in the food manufacturing industry, legislation regarding insurance coverage for construction defects, multi-state approaches to anti-indemnity statutes and related legislation, and insurance for employment practices liability
- Served as contributing author to “California Causes of Action” published by James Publishing
- Served as editor for the 50 State Compendiums of ALFA International regarding insurance law as well as construction law
He has been recognized by:
- American Lawyer & Corporate Counsel Magazine as a Top Rated Lawyer in Insurance Law
- The Los Angeles Times as a Top Lawyer of Southern California
- Martindale Hubble with an AV Preeminent Rating