As Haight’s campaign to achieve 80 Acts of Kindness during 2017 continues, San Francisco Professional Team Member Ollye Robinson loves giving back and helping people. Ollye’s acts of kindness for 2017 include:
- Partnering with her church to adopt schools in the Hayward Unified School District. This year, she helped to distribute 400 backpacks filled with binders, paper, notebooks, pencils and other school supplies. As part of the program, students submitted essays. The students who wrote the top 3 essays were awarded laptops and four tablets were given to the top essay writers in junior high. Ollye has been part of this ministry for five years. Haight has contributed to the success of the program by contributing laptops to the cause.
- Every 4th Saturday of the month, Ollye helps distribute hygiene products to the homeless in various tent cities in Oakland, CA.
- Ollye is currently part of a large group who are spearheading a Red Cross distribution center at her local church to send needed items to Houston post-Hurricane Harvey.
- Supporting the fight against breast cancer by purchasing pink ribbons for our San Francisco office to be worn during the month of October.
San Diego Professional Team Member Christina Zacevich contributed toward the firm’s Acts of Kindness Campaign with the following acts:
- Salvation Army for Hurricane Harvey. More than 30,000 people were affected by Hurricane Harvey. Remembering the lack of response to Hurricane Katrina compelled Christina to contribute toward the Salvation Army relief fund.
- Prayers & Squares – Christina collected and donated toner cartridges to this group which recycles the cartridges to raise money to purchase fabric. Prayers & Squares is an outreach organization that makes quilts. They combine the gift of prayer and a hand-tied quilt to those who are hospitalized or terminally ill.
Orange County Professional Team Member and Manager of Operations Barbara Picone contributed toward our random Acts of Kindness campaign with the following acts:
- Anonymously covered a restaurant tab for an elderly couple.
- Donated dog kennel, bed and blankets to Modjeska Ranch Rescue (www.modjeskaranch.com). Modjeska Ranch Rescue is dedicated to ensuring a safe and happy home for animals in need by providing sanctuary to senior/special needs pets and working to find homes for many others.
- Donated personal hygiene products to Operation Help a Hero (www.operationhelpahero.org). Operation Help a Hero is a 501(c)(3) public charity dedicated to the well-being and care of our American military members. Their programs support military units and families as they prepare for separation, while they endure the challenges of deployment, and as they transition back to the US. Their projects uplift our military heroes and send a clear message of support to their entire family. Operation Help A Hero connects communities with service members and provides real opportunities to make a difference in the lives of those who serve our country. They are an ALL VOLUNTEER organization; all board members and directors volunteer their time to focus donations on the military heroes they serve.