ALFA International’s Transportation Practice Group has prepared the 2020 Compendium, which is a state-by-state resource on important topics related to relevant transportation law issues across the nation. Partner Peter Dubrawski was a contributor and attorney Austin Smith provided research for compiling the compendium.
The Compendium covers common topics relating to transportation litigation such as:
- An update on current black box technology and other sources of technological evidence that can be used in evaluating accidents and legal issues surrounding the use of this technology
- Legal issues involving the handling of post-accident claims
- Legal considerations when defending an action involving truck drivers who may be considered Independent Contractors, Borrowed Servants or Additional Insureds
- Defenses against expert testimony involving mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI)
- Regulations governing contribution claims and whether the doctrine of joint and several liability applies
- Admissibility of evidence at trial governing medical damages and what plaintiff is permitted to recover
The 2020 Compendium can be found on ALFA International’s Transportation Compendium Page.